Git is a version control system. GitHub is a web-based hosting service for version control using git. You can save all the projects on GitHub. GitHub has given some benefits for students. They recently are providing the student development pack for the students to give access to developers tools for free. Some of these real world tools are too expensive for a student to use. So, for those students who love the education, this could be just great! To get students developer pack, we are going to follow these steps:
1. First you need to make an account on GitHub. Go to this link https://www.github.com/ and sign up for free.
2. After making an account on GitHub, visit the link https://education.github.com/pack/.
3. Click on “Get your pack” button.
4. Sign with GitHub with your username and password.
5. Click on the button “Yes, I’m a Student”.
6. Enter your name and verify your academic status. Add a photo of your identity card where it says “Drop file here or click to upload”.
7. Enter your College/ School’s name and your graduation year.
8. Then, stating appropriate reason on how are you planning to use GitHub, click on the Submit Request.
GitHub will e-mail you once you get selected for the GitHub Student pack.
Here are the tools you are going to get for free
1. Atom: Atom is a text editor, just like sublime. It is a text-editor with plugins and the best part is it is open source.
2. Bitnami: It’s an install cloud application in a single click. The basic plan for Bitnami cost $49 per month but GitHub gives you for free for a year.
3. CrowdFlower: It is a Crowdsourcing and data enrichment platform. We can just get access at $50.
4. DigitalOcean: DigitalOcean provides cloud service for developers. It’s providing $100 platform credit for students.
5. DNSIMPLE: It’s a simple DNS management with one-click services robust API. We get Bronze hosted DNS plan for two years (normally $3/month).
6. GitHub: Github provides five private repository.
7. HackHands: It’s a live programming help available 24/7. We get it for $25 in platform credit.
8. Namecheap: Namecheap provides us with dot me domain.
And many more….
I hope you find this article useful. If you have any problem regarding this, drop your questions below on the comment section.
Blog by Saroj Bhattarai
Blog by Saroj Bhattarai
good work.. keep it upReplyDelete
Thank you Saugat! Keep visiting my blog.Delete
I am glad you wrote about this. This will help a lot of students like me to get hands on real world tools for free or in low cost.ReplyDelete
Thank you Nischal. Keep visiting my blog for more updates. :-)Delete